With the motto, “Read Today, Lead Tomorrow” the library at SDS Autonomous College is a treasure trove of knowledge which houses a vast and comprehensive collection of more than 21,000 books covering all aspects of academic studies materials. It subscribes 10 English & Telugu Newspapers, 45 periodicals . The well-equipped reference section of the library has a rich collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, Hand books, Micro films and reference books. The college brings out its own journal and magazine from time to time.
- The library has N- List facility provided by UGC-INFLIBNET, Ahmedabad which provides access to more than 30000 e-books and 2600 e-journals in full text.
- The library provides OPAC facility to its readers, to locate their desired books. Photocopying facility is also provided in the library at a very nominal charge.
- The library has a separate well furnished reading room, equipped with basic amenities like proper light and air, water cooler and water purifier which provides congenial and serene reading environment to the students.
- Every year at the beginning of the session, “Readers Orientation Program” is organized by Librarian to make the students abreast with the rules and facilities of the library.
Library Collection Statistics
|Indian Journals (Print)||10|
List of Journals and Magazines
Apart from online access to N-List, the library also subscribes for and receives hard copies of the following journals and magazines.
|S.No||Name of the Periodical||S.No||Name of the Periodical|
|1||Employment News||24||Anna Daata|
|4||University News||27||National Geography|
|5||Sports Star||28||Grandhalaya Sarvaswam|
|6||CSR GK today||29||Humanisim|
|7||Competition Success Review||30||Studies in Family planning|
|8||Competition Affairs||31||Indian Literature|
|9||Vijetha Competitions||32||Population&development review|
|12||Reader’s Digest||35||Sahiti Koumadi|
|13||Frontline||36||Reasonance:Journal of Physics|
|14||Economic and Political Weekly||37||Telugu Vidhyarthi|
|15||Pratiyogita Darpan||38||MBA Review|
|17||Current Science||40||Journal of Indian Institute of Chemical Society|
|18||Prasanna Bharati||41||Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment|
|19||Rachana||42||Proceedings of the Institution of Chemists(India)|
|20||Telugu Velugu||43||Science Reporter|
|21||Baala Bharatam||44||Pearl:Journal of Lib.Science|
|22||Sri Ramakrishna Prabha||45||India Today|
Library Rules & Regulations
- Entry in the library is strictly on the basis of Identity cum Library card.
- Two books can be issued to UG level students at a time for 15 days, and if the book is not in demand the same can be reissued for further 15 days.
- If the book is not returned in time, a fine of 0.25 ps per day per book is charged.
- If the issued book is lost, the responsibility has to be borne by the borrower and he/she has to deposit another copy of the book of the same or the latest edition. If the book is not replaced, one has to deposit double cost of the book as a fine.
- Any damage caused to the library property and books of the library, in terms of writing, underlining or tearing the pages, is subjected to the disciplinary action as per college rules.
- Apart from the above rules, the library has a booklet of rules & regulations which can be obtained from the counter on demand.
M.Com.,M.L.I.Sc., PGDLAN, Ph.D.
|HoD-Library & Information Science
The HoD-Library Science of the college may be contacted at:
Ph.No.08952 281188; Cell:9440707226